Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baking!


Ok so Saturday nite we had a benefit Supper for a young boy who is battling Cancer. His family is waiting for a bone marrow transplant. I really hope the boy will be okay. We raised over $1200! not bad for a small town huh!? I helped Melinda make mexican food and my beans were a hit =] it made me happy. Then Sunday we hung out at the Eagles bar and sadly watched our Cardinals lose =[ but at least they made it to the Super Bowl. Needless to say it was a very busy weekend but it was good.

Yesterday i went with Alice to Torrington Wy. It was pretty cool. I met her brothers and had lunch with Grandma Marge and ran some errands. At least the weather is getting better. The snow is almost completely melted. =]

Today has been a pretty lackadaisical day. I am baking pie crust right now and i hope it turns out okay! haha. Its crazy...i never liked cooking but lately im finding myself enjoying it a little more. This Friday Clay and I are going to a stock show in Rapid City, South Dakota. Im really excited! ive never been to a rodeo so i think its gunna be awesome. THen Sunday im headed to AZ with Alice. Yay! i cannot wait to go home for a little bit. I miss my family like crazy. I am not looking forward to the 2 day drive but eh...ill live. Im still looking for a job and i got some good news...they are looking for a part time bank teller at the bank here in town. SO im thinking ill take it! YAY. Ill also be starting my online classes through the University of Phoenix in a couple weeks. Its about time i get shit in gear. My bank account is dwindling and it sucks! =[ Stupid bills. *sighs*

Well things are so much better between the boy and me. Thank god!! we talked things through and we are making efforts to make things better with us. I am enjoying life out here but i am still getting homesick. Hopefully it will slowly fade once im busy with work and school.

Well i better check on my pie crust!

No comments: